Monday, October 4, 2010

Favorite Music

Hi Folks,

 This is my first post ever!  I am Lindy's sister- Jeanne (aka Angela) - and I live in Maryland.  My hubby and I have 3 boys ages 10, 8, and 4.  I wanted to share some of our favorite music that we found at the library and love to listen to often.  Before I share it, I want to let you in on a little secret- my kids play longer with their toys, color longer, and playdough longer if they are listening to music (actually so does their mother).

  We love Beethoven's Wig- esp. volumes 1 and 4 (see below).  It takes classical music and puts really funny words to it.  For example, "Beethoven's Wig, is very big" to Beethoven's 5th symphony.  They all laugh and laugh in the car.  They have become very familiar with the tunes and recognize them by their name when they are on the classical music station.  The albums also have the music without the word at the end of the CD.

  My youngest son and I really have great memories of listening to "Under A Shady Tree".  I'll sing to him, "Under a shady tree" and he will sing back to me, "you and me".  We often will sit under a tree in our backyard, with a blanket spread out, and a snack, and a pile of books to read- so the song brings back those memories (especially when it is cold outside and we are stuck inside).

Sometimes, we just put on the classical music station while we go about our day.  Now the boys put it on their radios when they go to bed at night to help them fall asleep.  Try it and see what you think.


Beethoven's Wig: Sing Along Symphonies

No comments:

Post a Comment