Friday, October 15, 2010

Raising Godly Tomatoes- Disciplining your Children

I don't know about you guys but it seems to me our generation has no idea how to discipline our children (myself included).  What we may think is common sense apparently, isn't so common any more.  God meant for us to enjoy and love our children, they are our inheritance from Him.

Proverbs 29:17
17 Correct your son, and he will give you rest; yes, he will give delight to your soul.


The opposite is true if we don't discipline our children.  I don't want to hate my children but if I don't discipline them and they are ruining my life that might be what ends up happening.

Proverbs 13:24
24 He who spares disciplining  hates his son, but he who loves him disciplines him promptly.

With my oldest child only being six, I am by no means an expert in this area.  And from what I've heard from my friends every child is different in what method of discipline works.  I have referenced the website below called Raising Godly Tomatoes for some insight and found many of her ideas to work.  If you are struggling or just not sure what to do with your kids don't give up.  First of all PRAY!!  God made your kids, He picked you and your spouse to be their parents.  Don't ignore problems, they don't just magically disappear and remember the first thing LOVE is, is patient!






God's Plan For Raising Children- this is another really great study on what God has to say about raising kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment