Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Which Foods to Buy Organic

I used to think that organic food was for people who had money to waste and a little bit to much time on their hands to think about that sort of stuff.  However, after reading an article on local migrant workers (picking fruits and vegetables) who were pregnant having babies with severe birth defects, I realized that I was completely ignorant and wrong in my opinions on the matter.  So without breaking the bank click here for a list of foods you should try to get organic.

My sister Jeanne told me about a great way to clean non-organic fruit.  Get a squirt bottle fill it up 1/4 vinegar to 3/4 water and spray the fruit to clean off the pesticides.  The fruit actually smells sweeter after being sprayed and rinsed!

No comments:

Post a Comment