Monday, December 20, 2010

New Years Resolution!

I usually don't make a New Years Resolution, however, I do have one this year.  I feed my kids too much processed sugary foods, especially for breakfast.  Usually we have waffles or pancakes, the kind you can pop in the toaster or microwave.  There is really nothing redeeming about these products other than the convenience.
So my resolution is to feed my kids a healthy breakfast on weekdays.  The choices will be either oatmeal with some flax seed oil and wheat germ mixed in or eggs and whole wheat toast.  A side of fruit and milk or orange juice to drink.
I know this isn't a big resolution but it's something I think I can manage.
What about you do you have any resolutions this year?

Oatmeal Recipe

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Lindy! I give my kids waffles with only butter on it as a compromise. French toast is a pretty easy/healthy thing to make on weekends.
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete