Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Treatment for Colic- Lactobacillus Reuteri and BioGaia

If you have a baby with colic, you are willing to do anything to get the crying to stop!  My youngest son Noah had horrible colic and I wasn't sure what to do.  I couldn't think straight with all the crying.  But I did find something that worked.  I was breast-feeding exclusively and I read a bunch of information on the internet about Lactobacilluls Reuteri helping infants with colic.  So I decided to run over to the health food store and buy some.  They didn't have any that you give babies directly so I bought some and took it myself( it passes thru breastmilk).  And I am happy to report that I had a different child three days later.  The crying stopped and the painful gas stopped, it was nothing short of a miracle!  My pediatrician didn't know anything about this even though there are a bunch of studies posted on the internet of the amazing results of this probiotic.


I took the pills on the left myself, but I also have given Noah the Biogia when he was on antibiotics.  BioGaia is much less at CVS than on Amazon.  

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog today and wanted to invite you to my "20 day get organized challenge."

    Link is: http://renee-joyjourney.blogspot.com/2011/01/three-steps-to-make-your-dreams-come.html

    Blessings, Renee

    ReplyDelete