Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cleaning more efficiently-The Bathroom

I was complaining to my husband, once again, about how much time I spend cleaning our house.  With 3 little ones always under my feet, it's hard to get anything done.  My husband suggested coming up with ways to clean more efficiently.  So I am starting with my least favorite job, cleaning the bathroom!

One of the reasons it takes me so long to clean the bathrooms is that I have some cleaning supplies in one bathroom and a some in the other.  I spend half the time looking for the different items I need to clean.  So I decided to buy a whole set of supplies for each bathroom.  Here is my list
1.  Rubber Gloves
2.  Glass Cleaner
3.  Paper Towels
4.  Toilet bowl cleaner
5.  Clorox wipes
6.  Comet
7.  Sponge
8.  Plastic bags to line the trash cans
9.  Toilet brush
10.  Big bottle of soap to refill smaller one on the sink

I keeping all of these items locked in a cabinet under the sink in the bathroom.

Order of cleaning.
1.  Clean the bathroom mirror
2.  Clean the sink
3.  Clean the toilet
4.  Scrub tub
5.  Empty Garbage-  I am putting about 5 bags in the trash can as liners so I can just pull the top one off.
6.  Sweep and Mop the floor

I think I can get the bathroom clean in under 10 minutes if I have all my supplies right there.
How about you?  Do you have any efficient ways to clean?

No comments:

Post a Comment