Thursday, February 24, 2011

Teaching Beginner's Piano without breaking the bank.

Being a homeschool mom and being frugal, I decided I wanted to teach my kids beginner piano on my own.  Before I shell out hundreds of dollars, I want to find out if it's something my kids really are interested in.  Luckily, I have a friend, Debbie, who is a piano teacher who had some great recommendations as to what books to start my children's piano journey.

She recommended Pianamals.   We bought it about a year ago but really didn't start the program until about 3 months ago.  I LOVE this program, it comes with a CD.  It starts of really simple and slowly integrates the letters and notes.  My kids are eager and excited to learn.  They love playing along with the cd, and I'm not pulling teeth to get them to practice.

If you are considering starting piano lessons, I highly recommend this program to begin!


http://www.pianimals.com/

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I'm ready to plug in our key board again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just purchased the A, B, and C books! Thanks so much for having us over last night! We really enjoyed our time together.

    ReplyDelete