Thursday, March 31, 2011

A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.


I'm not sure what is going on lately but I have had a string of occasions where I could choose to be offended.  I know God wants me to overlook offenses, but how do I do this?


I think many times that there is an occasion to be offended, it's often a misunderstanding or miscommunication.  I also believe when someone says or does something "mean", it's more about them than it is about me.  Pastor David Hess, used to preach that "hurt people...hurt people". 


I find that I need to try to take "every thought captive" and try not to dwell on the situation.  Dwelling on it often makes me angry and preoccupied taking away time and energy from my family.  


When someone criticizes me, I try to pray, "God if there is some truth to what the person has said, please help me see it and help me change.  

No comments:

Post a Comment