Monday, December 19, 2011

God's Provision Isn't always what we expect.

I had a message left on my answering machine yesterday from a dear friend, her message was something like this, "Melinda, I am in the hospital I am getting my appendix out please pray."
I immediately started praying and left a message on her cell phone.  When I did end up speaking with her the next day she reminded me that her husband was out of town.  She has 2 young children.

Our pastor preached on joy and on finding it in all circumstances.  As my friend and I were discussing her sad situation.  I remembered the sermon, how can we find joy in this?  Well,  it turned out that two girls who lived next door who are usually at college were home on Christmas vacation and were able to babysit for my friend.  Thank God.  My friend was miraculous able to drive herself to the hospital.  She was given one of the best surgeons in our area to do the operation ( I am a nurse and knew her surgeon when she told me his name).  And finally, her favorite hospital meal (she loves baked chicken, and remember it from when she had her children at the hospital) was served to her this afternoon.

This was not the ideal situation, she probable would have preferred having her husband or mother be there to support her during this crisis, however God did fully provide for her and her family!

Sometimes, the people we want to be there to support us aren't available for different reasons.  But we need to remember that God is always there, and He will provide what and who we need when a crisis hit.

When you pass through the water I will be with you,
And the waves they will not overtake you.
Do not fear for I have redeemed you.
I have called you by name.
You are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment