Thursday, February 9, 2012

Classical conversations Week 18 Supplements

I can't believe it's week 18 already!  Only 6 weeks to go!  I have mixed feelings, I look forward to our summer material but I know I will also miss spending time with our CC friends!

History
Attack on Pearl Harbor Video Clip the History Channel
Slideshow Of Pearl Harbor
Allied Military Leaders Slideshow
World War II: How Did It Start? this video goes very quick, but the beginning really reiterates the History Highlights.
How did World War I End?
Secrets Of World War I

Geography
River Location Game



Science
Fluorine Video
Neon Video
Sodium Video
Sodium Explosion Video
Magnesium Video

How it's Made Fireworks Video- Fireworks have magnesium them that's how it relates

English Grammar- 
Find the subject worksheet

Jim Davis Garfield Comic strips- the kids can read and scroll through some of his work.


Reading Supplements
D-Day Landings, Platt. 
Pearl Harbor, Krensky. 
Hey, Mac!, McMurdie. 
Hiroshima, Hersey
WWII for Kids, Panchyk
Mercedes & the Chocolate Pilot,Theis Raven
The Good Fight, Ambrose. 
 If I Perish, Ahn Kim. RA: 4-A; R:6-A
Air Raid – Pearl Harbor, Taylor. 
Land of the Morning, McMurdie. 
It Began With a Parachute, Rang. (V)
Jennie’s War-The Home Front in WWII (RR) 
You Wouldn't Want to be a secret agent during World War II by Malam, John

What's so great about the Tuskegee Airmen  Orr, Tamra. Grade 3-4
The doll shop downstairs  McDonough, Yona Zeldis. Grade 2-4
Sky high : the true story of Maggie Gee  Moss, Marissa.  Grade 1-4
Honey Cake By Stuchner
Wind flyers  Johnson, Angela
I'm still scared / written and illustrated by Tomie dePaola

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered you blog today. LOVE IT! We go to CC but we don't use it as our core curriculum, I love how you flesh out each week. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete